– the VCI Revolution
The first corrosion protection from nature
MetPro BioTect is a new generation of VCI film which combines world leading corrosion protection and the highest level of care for your workers, your products and your customers. This unique product is produced using natural ingredients and is completely amine and nitrite free. It is recognized as a significant innovation because it sets new standards for occupational health and safety for handling of VCI films.
BioTect is completely safe to use in any format. It is the only VCI film on the market that can protect metal parts that come into contact with food. Your product does not require cleaning before further processing or assembly of the protected metal component.
The added benefit of eliminating any risks to your workers, your products and your customers has propelled MetPro BioTect to a leading position in the race against corrosion.
What are the advantages of BioTect VCI Corrosion Inhibitor films?
- Produced using natural ingredients, completely nitrite and amine free
- Approved for metals that come into direct contact with food
- Offers corrosion protection for up to 15 years storage
- Achieves top marks in recognized corrosion tests carried out for the automotive industry
- Offers full multi-metal protection: (galvanized) steel, aluminum, brass, copper, cast iron, etc.
- A nice coconut aroma which is in pleasant contrast to a sharp, acidic smell and is non-allergenic Available in all common PE film formats, including high strength and temperature resistance
- Excellent film physical properties – Dart Drop, elongation and sealing strength Mandarin tinted film available to emphasize the product’s natural credentials
BioTect is recognized as a significant innovation by professional associations involved in metalworking because it sets new standards of occupational health and safety for VCI films. Manufactured according to international quality standards DIN EN 9001/2008 and 14,001:2008.
BioTect films are available in the following formats:
- Single wound sheeting/tubing/center fold sheeting
- Flat and gusseted bags
- Case liners and covers
- Skin, stretch and shrink film
- Elasticated bags
- Zipper bags
- Bubble films
- Special constructions to customer specification
MetPro BioTect availability information:
- Single wound sheeting in widths from 4 inches – 10 feet
- Tube widths from 6 inches – 10 feet
- Gusseted bags with a maximum girth of 10 feet
- Center-fold sheet up to maximum 30 feet width folded
- Flat bags from minimum 4” x 6” and up
- Film thickness: 1 – 10 mil
- Lower gauge and co-extruded films
- LDPE-versions and special combinations
- High-performance films up to 2.5 lbs. Dart Drop
- Individually cut bags or bags perfed on a roll
- Individually cut sheets or sheets perfed on a roll
- Custom prints
- Natural color or tinted
- ESD design with antistatic agent
BioTect and BioTect-ESD (electrostatic discharge)
High-tech films for reliable corrosion protection
MetPro BioTect and BioTect-ESD with antistatic agents are highly technical transparent VCI corrosion inhibitor films based on the most modern BioVCI® technology All BioTect VCI corrosion inhibitor films are TRGS 615 and TRGS 900 compliant.
BioTect and BioTect-ESD:
- Transparent – for good visibility of packaged goods
- Heat sealable
- Durable and long-lasting
- Nitrite and amine free
- Puncture and temperature resistant
- Available in different designs and thicknesses
All of the above product recommendations should be validated for compatibility with the customers’ metal alloy products. Further product variations as well as detailed product data sheets are available upon request.
The MetPro Group product range
The MetPro Group offers a comprehensive range of VCI products, including but not limited to VCI papers, VCI polyethylene sheeting, and VCI liquids as well as support products such as VCI emitters, foams and desiccants.
Contact one of our colleagues today and find out how we can help protect your products in transit and storage.
BioTect is approved for direct contact with foodstuffs, as certified by a specialist institute. It is completely safe to use in any format. It is the only VCI film on the market that can protect metal parts that come in to contact with food.
BioTect is completely free of materials restricted under TRGS 900 regulations. Audit testing in the workplace for materials limited by TRGS 615 or TRGS 900 is therefore unnecessary.
VCI protective vapors ensure that your metal product does not disappear into thin air!
The “mandarin” tinted film is printed with a food safety logo. It is completely amine and nitrite free and sets new standards for occupational health and safety for handling of VCI films.
Things at rest will rust. Your products might lie at rest for years, in warehouses, in containers, in exhibition halls, on construction sites etc.
Our Technical team has a wealth of experience in corrosion management and control.
Accelerated corrosion testing is at your disposal. All you have to do is call us!
MetPro BioTect VCI Film – all based on BioVCI® technology
VCI products by MetPro are nitrite free, amine free and tested by accredited laboratories. All BioVCI® products are ISO 9001 and 14001 certified.
PROTECTING YOUR WORLD
What are VCI corrosion inhibitor films
and how do they work?
VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) = vapor corrosion protection (from the carrier material)
BioTect is a polyethylene film, which contains a combination of VCI chemicals. It protects metals through direct contact and vaopnor acti during storage and transit. Our BioVCI® is extruded directly into the polyethylene film and not subsequently applied. As a result, the volatile and contact inhibitors provide long-term corrosion protection for the most intricate and inaccessible surfaces.
Removes the corrosion from the formula by metal surface passivation.
Goods after transport "without" VCI protection
Goods after transport "with" VCI protection