Anti-Corrosion protection with CLIMACOR©
Things at rest will rust. Your products might lie at rest for years, in warehouses, in containers, in exhibition halls, on construction sites etc. But more frequently, the problems of corrosion arise when products are exposed to harsh transportation and varying climatic conditions – land, sea or air. Our Technical team has a wealth of experience in corrosion management and control. Accelerated corrosion testing is at your disposal. All you have to do is call us.
Since 1997, MetPro has developed and produced VCI film using the most innovative corrosion inhibitor technology and high quality packaging materials. We have VCI film to fit every application - multi-metallic, ferrous, non-ferrous, cast iron, copper as well as long and short-term applications. Our film eliminates the need for oils and liquids, which leaves the metal clean, dry and ready for use.
They are nitrite-free and tested by accredited laboratories (including the BFSV institute and IKS) and all production plants are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Climacor® VCI corrosion inhibitor films are among the most effective solutions for corrosion protection in the metalworking industry. Climacor® VCI films are easy to apply, and are available in a wide range of shapes. They can be adjusted to the specific needs of your product, storage and transportation requirements.
VCI protective vapors ensure that your metal product does not disappear into thin air!
CLIMACOR® – the VCI corrosion inhibitor film by MetPro
MetPro is dedicated to meeting industry standards and our products and packaging solutions are developed in collaboration with customers to ensure adherence to both customer and industry expectations. Health and Safety is a priority for MetPro. We meet with TRGS 900, TRGS 615, GADSL and multiple other industry-specific standards. Our approach to customer satisfaction is achieved by clearly understanding your needs, so that we not only adhere to industry standards, but also meet the requirements of your own company when it comes to health and safety.
Climacor® films are available in the following shapes:
- Single wound sheet/Tubing/Center fold sheeting
- Flat and gusseted bags
- Case liner and covers
- Skin/stretch and shrink film
- Elasticated bags
- Lock-tip-bag/zipper bag
- Sealed shapes and special constructions
- Bubble films
- Special constructions to customer demand
MetPro Climacor® Basic Information: Metric
- Single wound sheet in widths from 50 – 9,000 mm
- Tube widths from 50 – 4,500 mm
- Gusseted bags with a maximum girth of 9,000 mm
- Center-fold sheet up to maximum 2,000 mm width folded
- Flat bags from measurement 50 x 130 mm
- Film thickness: 25 μm up to 250 μm
- Lower gauge and co-extruded films
- LDPE-versions or special combinations
- High-performance-foils up to 1,000 g dart-drop
MetPro Climacor® Basic Information
- Single wound sheet in widths from 4 inches – 10 feet
- Tube widths from 6 inches – 10 feet
- Gusseted bags with a maximum girth of 10 feet
- Center fold sheet up to maximum 30 feet width folded
- Flat bags from measurement 4 inches to 6 ft
- Film thickness: 1-10 mil.
- Lower gauge and co-extruded films
- LDPE versions or special combinations
- High-performance-films up to 2.5 lbs dart-drop
- Single bags or bags perforated on a roll
- Cut sheet sizes or sheets perforated on a roll
- Printing with VCI and PE symbols
- Printing with your own company logo
- Colorless or special color
- ESD design with antistatic agent
CLIMACOR® and CLIMACOR®-ESD (electrostatic discharge)
High-tech films for reliable corrosion protection
MetPro Climacor® and Climacor®-ESD with antistatic agent are highly developed transparent VCI corrosion inhibitor films based on the most modern VCI-technology. All Climacor® VCI corrosion inhibitor films are TRGS 615 and TRGS 900 compliant.
Climacor® and Climacor®-ESD:
- Transparent - for easy viewing of packaged goods
- Durable and long-lasting
- Nitrite free
- Puncture-resistant and temperature-resistant
- Available in different designs and thicknesses
- Suitable for dry metallic parts on FE-basis
- Usage as full wrap, contact protection or case liner distance based
- Ideal for steel, galvanized steel, aluminium, copper, brass
- Suitable for the shipment of electronic parts
- For steering and elements with electronic components
- Also for mounted or built-in parts, which cannot be charged electrostatically by stacking
What are VCI corrosion inhibitor films and what is their effect?
VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) = gaseous corrosion protection
(from the carrier material)
What are the advantages of Climacor® VCI films?
- Reliable corrosion free and long term protection for your products
- Cost savings for your company
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
- No health and safety hazards
- Simple and secure applications
- Eliminates the use of protective oils and greases, and also the need to wash them off prior to component assembly or use
- Reliable and prompt technical advice from the MetPro team, together with a vast product range and customized options to address your particular needs
- Approved by global leaders in the automobile industry
VCI films remove the metal from the formula by its passivating effect.