Quick Guide to Industrial Packaging
What is Industrial Packaging?
Industrial Packaging is packaging for the manufacturers, for the big producers in business. Sometimes, standard packaging isn’t enough for your product, and you need more protection to make sure your product stays safe, lasts longer, and makes it to your customer in the right condition.
Standard wraps and papers can’t protect from the harsh conditions, long shelf times, and environmental damage that industry products face, so having the right protection for your products is essential to maintaining quality and consistency.
There are many different types of industrial packaging wraps, papers, fluids and sprays, so we thought it would be helpful to give you a quick guide to the main types and how they’re used!
What are the Different Kinds?
MetPro Industrial Packaging can be separated into two large groups, VCI and non-VCI specialty packaging.
What is VCI?
VCI stands for Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor, and is the barrier that protects your metal products from rust, corrosion, and damage. It’s a safe chemical spray added to our packaging that helps to fight corrosion, increase shelf life, and keep your products safe during transport.
• VCI papers, based on kraft, creped kraft, PE kraft and reinforced paper/ PE laminates
• VCI PE films available in all thicknesses and formats, including flat and gusseted bags, layflat tube, centre folded sheet etc
• VCI film specialties, such as stretch, bubble, shrink and rigid, fluted Sheet
• VCI foams, boards, corrugated and emitters
What are the non-VCI Specialties?
Not worried about corrosion or rust? We also make heavy duty protective papers and wraps without the VCI. These types of packaging provide long lasting protection for storage and transport just like VCI packaging, but they’re for products less likely to be susceptible to corrosion and rust.
Industrial Packaging Specialties
• Bitumen kraft union papers
• Waxed papers
• Self-seal / Coldseal coated kraft and corrugated papers
• Reinforced paper with polythene coating
• Creped papers
• “Climapac” aluminium compound barrier foils for corrosion prevention and moisture control
• Steel coil wrapping films for manual and automatic application, with VCI if required.
• Anti-slip papers and boards for product security in transit and storage
• Customized coated films for use on orbital and spiral wrapping machines
Not sure which kind you need?
MetPro offers custom designs for your products, no matter kind of protection you need! We’ll be more than happy to work with you and figure out the best protection for your products. Contact us at MetProGroup.com, or give us a call at 517-586-0011. We have offices around the globe, so we’re never far away!
MetPro, a Transilwrap Company, is an international industrial packaging company with locations around the globe. Specializing in VCI Film, Industrial Packaging, Contract Packaging, VCI Paper, and Automotive Packaging, MetPro sets the standard for the packing industry. Visit MetProGroup.com for more!