MetPro’s CorroTect range consists of mostly water-based biodegradable additives for contact and vapour phase applications. They can be used on ferrous and non-ferrous metals assuming they are washed and dried before packing. These additives are based on chemical compounds of low toxicity, low odour but very effective corrosion inhibitors to protect the metal parts and passivate any active corrosion cells. Method of application is by brushing on, dipping or spraying. The range includes:
- This is a direct replacement for anti-corrosion oils and coatings.
- It is used as a dilution in water therefore ensuring economical use.
- It is specifically designed to protect ferrous metals after cleaning so there will be no need to add oil or grease to these parts.
- It dries to leave a non-tacky dust resistant coating and it leaves the surface of the metal visibly cleaner.
- It guarantees complete corrosion protection within a closed system.
- Can be used as a protective additive for ferrous and non-ferrous metals during and post pressure testing and sand blasting.
- Extremely economical. Dilution rates are very low depending on application.
- Contains no oils or VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- This leaves a hard coating on the surface of the metal is it is used as a direct replacement for bitumen coatings.
- The coating is extremely thin and in most cases, doesn’t need to be removed.
- Where it is necessary to remove the coating, this can be done with by simple alkaline water rinse and not solvents.
- This guarantees protection of internal spaces such as gearboxes or fuel tanks and other inaccessible areas.
- It is applied by mixing with a base oil or fuel and pouring or misting the required amount on the part that requires protection.
- It is compatible with most commercial oils.
- Guarantees multi-metallic protection including copper and aluminium.